Central Assigning Policy
All Central Region assigning will follow the re-assigning policy below:
- All Central Region assigned games, without exception, will be managed on the Goalline system. There will be no trading or switching games without Central Region assignors being notified and the switch or trade being processed within the Goalline system.
- All Central Region officials are required to set their availability and rink preferences in Goalline. By default, all officials are unavailable for games each day of a given month unless an official explicitly changes his or her availability. Available days, or days when an official is available for a game assignment, must be set by the 10th day of the previous month. For example, the deadline for Available Days for February is January 10th. Available days are declared by checking dates and times listed on the availability page in Goalline.
- Officials are encouraged to continuously update their availability on Goalline as declined games and turn-backs will be reassigned through-out the month.
- The Central Region will assign a referee and linesmen for U13 Tiers 1-3. For other U13 Tiers. Central Region will assign only the referee while each community association will assign the linesmen. The community associations will be responsible for assigning all officials at theU9 and U11 levels.
- Officials are notified of an assignment by an automated email generated from Goalline. In case of disputes, the date and time on the original email sent from Goalline will be considered the official timestamp.
- Game Officials for games with the following rank, 11-20 (excluding 14(f)), have 48 hours from the time the assignment has been emailed to either accepted or decline assignment(s). No fees will be assessed for games declined within the initial 48-hour period. Game Officials for games with the following rank, 1-10 ( including 9(f) and 14(f)), will NOT be entitled to decline assignment (s). An automatic $5 per game fee, up to a maximum of $20 per month, will be assessed on a single set of declines. In cases where games have been assigned to officials who are already working games that day, or officials have extenuating circumstances, an email to the Director of Assigning is required and can result in the reversal of the fine.
- Additional fees will be assessed as follows:
(a) A $5 per game fee, up to a maximum of $20 per month, will be assessed on games declined after 48 hours.
(b) If an official fails to accept or decline an assignment within 96 hours (4 days) of the assignment, the game will be deemed declined and will be re-assigned.
(c) A fee of $5.00 per game, up to a maximum of $10 per day, will be charged for all accepted assignments cancelled or turned back to the assignor up to 72 hours prior to the game unless reduced under paragraph (8.f)
(d) A fee of $10.00 per game, up to a maximum of $20 per day, will be charged for all accepted assignments cancelled or turned back to the assignor within 72 hours of game time.
(e) A fee of $15.00 per game, up to a maximum of $30 per day, will be charged for all accepted assignments cancelled or turned back to the assignor within 24 hours of game time.
(f) Game Officials for games with the following rank, 11-20 (excluding 14(f)) with Re-assigning fees under paragraphs 8 c,d, and e may be reduced to the standard assigning fee per game if an official finds his or her own replacement. In all cases, the replacement referee or linesmen must hold the appropriate ranking for the level of hockey being re-assigned. The official requesting the change must contact the appropriate assignor by email and provide the name and contact information for the replacement official. The assignor will respond no later then 24 hours from the original request. The replacement official must set their availability and rink preferences in Goalline before the re-assignment can occur. Officials must accept all games in Goalline before the re-assignment is complete. The original assignment stands until the replacement official accepts the assignment. The Central Region has the final approval on all re-assignments under this section.
(g) The Central Region will cover all re-assigning fees for injuries occurred during the officiating of a Central Region assigned hockey game, funerals and family emergencies. All other situations may be approved by the Director of Assigning on a case by case situation. It is imperative that an official communicate with the assignor and/or director of assigning whenever situations arise that may prevent that official from completing their assignments.