2018-19 Officiating Rates
|Senior Male AAA||370||106-106 -77-77|
|Senior Female AAA (CWHL)||320||90-90-70-70|
|Junior A (AJHL)||385||110-110-82 .50-82.50|
|Junior Female (AJFHL)||145||59-43-43|
|Midget AAA (AMHL), Midget Prep (CSSHL)||185||77-54-54|
|Minor Midget AAA (AMMHL), Elite 15 (CSSHL)||165||67-49-49|
|Midget AA, Midget Varsity (CSSHL)||150||62-44-44|
|Midget Female AAA (AFHL), Midget Female Prep (CSSHL)||145||59-43-43|
|Midget Female Elite (AFHL), Midget Female Varsity (CSSHL)||140||56-42-42|
|Midget, Midget Female||135||55-40-40|
|Bantam AAA (AMBHL), Bantam Prep (CSSHL)||140||56-42-42|
|Bantam AA, Bantam Varsity (CSSHL)||130||52-39-39|
|Bantam Female Elite (AFHL)||130||52-39-39|
|Bantam, Bantam Female||125||51-37-37|
|Intro to Hockey (Novice and Initiation)||60||30-30|
|Adult Rec (2 officials)||150||75-75|
- Mileage & Travel: Officials that drive 50km or more (round trip) shall be paid mileage according to Hockey Alberta’s approved rate of 0.36/km. In addition, these officials (driver and each passenger) will receive a “Travel Rate” (see chart)
KM Travelled Travel Rate KM Travelled Travel Rate 0-50 KM $0 301-400 KM $40 51-100 KM $10 401-500 KM $50 101-200 KM $20 501-600 KM $60 201-300 KM $30 601-700 KM $70
- Late or Early Games: Games scheduled to end after 11:00pm any day, start prior to 7:00am any day, or start prior to 5:00pm on a weekday (excluding Provincial Tournaments) are subject to an additional fee of $20 per official.
- Warm-Ups: Leagues, Teams or MHAs wishing to have Officials monitor warm-ups that occur prior to the game will be subject a charge of $10.00 per official (maximum of $20.00 / game).
- Assigning Fees: Leagues or MHAs requesting that Exhibition, Regular Season & Playoff games (Tournaments not included) be assigned by the Officials Committee will be charged $100.00 per Team, per season. Tournaments (excluding Provincial Tournaments) can also be assigned by the Officials Committee at a rate of $6.00 per game.
- Officiating Systems: The above rates apply to the two (2) official, three (3) official, and four (4) official system. The rate for a one (1) official game is 70% of the rate listed in the applicable category above. In the event the three (3) official system is used in place of the four (4) official system the fee for one (1) referee will be removed from the total (and vice versa).
- Game Length: These rates are for games that are 1.5 hours in length or longer. MHAs, Leagues or Teams may negotiate a lower rate with Hockey Alberta’s Officials Committee Chair (or designate) for any games shorter in duration. In addition, Leagues or MHAs wishing to utilize overtime and/or shootouts to declare the winner of each game (excluding Provincial Tournaments) may be subject to an additional fee of $20 per official, as determined by the Officials Committee Chair (or designate).