The Hockey Canada Officiating Program (HCOP) offers participants of all ages an opportunity to be involved in the game beyond playing. By following the levels of development, and with hard work and dedication, officials can find fulfillment in their advancement while making the game safe, fair and fun.
The Hockey Canada Officiating Pathway is the foundation for all officials across the country. Hockey Canada has categorized hockey into five basic streams, each with different priorities. They include:
- High Performance
- Adult Recreational
The pathway has been developed to address the following components of the program at both the Member and national levels:
- Inclusivity and gender neutrality.
- Defining a process to allow individuals to join the system at the appropriate level.
- Providing equal opportunities for officials of the same skill level.
- Developing a national standard that is adhered to by the Members.
- Building flexibility into a linear system.
For full details, go to the Officials Pathway page: