Hockey Alberta Officials
Hockey Alberta’s Officials Committee provides oversight and monitoring of the delivery of the Hockey Canada Officiating Program within Hockey Alberta. The Committee is responsible for the administration, operational standards and development of new components regarding the officiating program in Alberta. Responsibilities include:
- recruiting, training, mentoring, developing and evaluating officials;
- selecting and appointing officials for all provincial, regional and national championship games/events hosted in Alberta; and
- providing guidance and leadership on all matters pertaining to officiating with leagues, minor hockey associations and other stakeholders.
Hockey Alberta and all leagues are supportive of all officials in all capacities, and place a top priority on the safety of all participants in all hockey games and work to ensure those expectations are met in all capacities. Hockey Alberta and the leagues are an inclusive environment accepting of all potential officials from all walks of life regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. Hockey Alberta is actively working with all leagues on promoting officials who are determined to be ready to be successful when given the opportunity to officiate at a new level.
The Officials’ Committee works in compliance with all Hockey Alberta bylaws, regulations, plans, policies and procedures. The goals and responsibilities of the Officials Committee are:
- To oversee the recruitment, training, mentoring, development and evaluation of officials within the jurisdiction of Hockey Alberta.
- To provide oversight and guidance to all leagues and associations on the assignment of officials.
- To select and appoint officials for all provincial, regional and national championship games/events hosted in Alberta.
- To supervise and classify officials for upgrades within the HCOP levels.
- To provide oversight and guidance on all matters pertaining to officiating, providing leadership to leagues, minor hockey associations and other stakeholders.
- To establish standards, conduct management processes and enact discipline for all officials.
- To establish subcommittees and regions and ensure they are properly functioning and resourced.
- To develop and maintain a recognition (awards) program that properly acknowledges the accomplishments of officials.
- Ensure communication and consultation with other HA committees in developing and determining recommendations for improving the game.
Chair: Craig DeCoursey
Data Coordinator: Dave Butler
Male Development Coordinator: Colin Watt
Female Development Coordinator: Carrie Keller
Supervision Coordinator: Dave Ganley
Match Penalty Coordinator: Kumail Moledina
Leadership Coordinator: Chris Bruce
Hockey Alberta Officials can now order additional Casebooks, Hockey Alberta Patches and Hockey Canada Shoulder Patches through Hockey Alberta’s online payment platform.
Casebooks are $15 each, Hockey Alberta Patches $5 each, and Hockey Canada Shoulder Patches $2 each (plus GST).
*If you are attending a Hockey Alberta Officials Clinic this season, all three items will be provided to you at the clinic as part of your attendance fee.*
PLEASE NOTE: Orders can be picked up at the Hockey Alberta Office in Red Deer. If you require shipping, there will be a $5 charge.
Please contact Curtis Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.